Monday, September 19, 2011

NANOOSE BAY TO TAMIHI CREEK

 

I never sleep very well the night before a trip, and this trip was no exception. I laid in bed a couple hours,hoping I had remembered to pack everything we needed for our long trip.I had no sooner finally dozed off when Jake woke me, he rarely has to go out at night, by the time I got back to bed it was almost four am. I finally got up just before five. We were mostly loaded, so we had coffee and toast  took the last few things to the motorhome and were on our way at eight. We got gas  and headed  to the Duke Point Ferry Terminal, to catch the 10:15 ferry to Tswassen.

 

DUKE POINT FERRY TERMINALIMG_2195

The ferry takes two hours, then it was another two hours to the Tanihi Creek Campground, It was our first time there and it wasn’t quite what we were expecting, but it was fine for an overnight stop.

TAMIHI RECREATION SITE CHILLIWACK BCIMG_2201

There wasn’t anybody on the river but the course was layed out for competitive kayaking.

IMG_2202IMG_2203

 

IMG_2205IMG_2206

Tomorrow we are heading to the Nicola River between Merrit and Spences Bridge, it would be nice if we had sun, but I think the forcast is for rain.

Jean

1 comment:

  1. I think that last night's sleep before a major journey is always a tough one, full of 'what if's and 'did I remembers'. Only cure for that is to get rolling. As soon as we pull away from our driveway all those old concerns are traded in for new on the road concerns. You are well underway now and your winter's journey has begun for another year:))

    ReplyDelete