Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Trip To Boynton Canyon and Sea Eagle Comes Through ..Sort of

 

Last time we were in Sedona, we went to Boynton Canyon and were spellbound by the sound of flute music as we climbed up to the Boynton Spire. We decided to hike there again this morning, it is a very easy hike.

The first thing we saw was this sign

IMG_4196-001

We weren’t too worried about the bears as there were quite a few people on the trail.

IMG_4198

IMG_4195

This area is one of the four Spiritual Vortex in the Sedona area. And no Al, we didn’t hear of an RVers  being taken away in a vortex!

But stone hearts grow in the trees,

IMG_4199

 

IMG_4200-001

And magical music still filled the air.

 

IMG_4206

IMG_4204

Lovely music and spectacular views

IMG_4207

IMG_4209

IMG_4210

Two more hearts

IMG_4208-001

We met the flute player on the trail, as he was putting the hearts in the trees, and giving them to the ladies. Now I have two stone hearts, so I will give one to my Sierra.

 

I heard from Cabelas today, Sea Eagle is sending another kayak but it is going to Anacortes so we won’t have it until we are on our way home. Cabelas is sending me a $25.00 gift certificate for the in convenience.  It is a shame but I am just glad they are sending one to us.

Jean

4 comments:

  1. Boynton Canyon is one of my favorite hikes in Sedona. Makes me miss my friend who used to live near there. It is breast cancer month so I can say that is what took her I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pictures from your hike!!
    too bad about the kayak, geesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flute player yet again. Lucky you! Not so good about the kayak, can't they forward it to a Post Office nearby or where you are going next? I don't think 25.00 is enough compensation as it is affecting your entire winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you two are down in Arizona. Good for you! I hear it has turned to fall on Vancouver Island for sure. We're in Petaluma, California for many months to come.

    May I share with you what's been keeping me from reading and commenting on blogs lately?

    "This Restless Life: a study of Central Coast California parks through photography, interpretive collage and stories" is a book project of which I'm in the midst. If you have the time and the inclination, would you take a look at my short video at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1778487749/this-restless-life?ref=email to learn more about the project? If you like the project, would you share it with your network of friends and family? Thank you sincerely. (I have a link to the video at the top of my blog page too.)

    ReplyDelete